“The Show with the Maus”
The original knowledge program
“The Show with the Maus” makes complex topics understandable in an engaging way. It stands for information, education, and entertainment. It appeals to young and old, combining humorous and knowledge-based stories and, of course, the Maus commercials. The Maus is almost always seen in the company of its friends Elephant and Duck.
The unique concept has made it a hallmark of excellence in imparting knowledge in a modern manner, and the enduring presence of the program on German television screens has given it near-universal familiarity in the country. While the Maus has been emulated by many, the original remains in a league of its own when it comes to the trustworthy communication of knowledge: it has attained iconic status as Germany’s leading knowledge brand.
Area covered by license: worldwide
Licensing: for all product segments
Rights holder: WDR mediagroup GmbH
- Children ages 4 to 6 (for the character)
- Children ages 6 to 9 (for the knowledge segments)
- Adults with an affinity for retro design
- The Maus stands for credibility, competence, and quality
- It belongs to WDR
- It is characterized by a high degree of consistency and integrity
- It is clever, curious, and solution-oriented, and it finds a surprising way out of any predicament
- Although it doesn’t speak, anyone can understand it
- Its friends Elephant and Duck are almost always at its side
- A fixed time slot on ARD Channel 1 for 50 years
- Maus time is every Sunday at 11:30 a.m. on KiKA and at 9:30/10:30 a.m. on ARD Channel 1
- Weekly reruns in the ARD broadcasting union and on KiKA
- “The Show with the Maus” was aired a total of 108 times in 2021 on ARD Channel 1 and KiKA
- The successful Saturday evening prime-time show “Frag doch mal die Maus,” (Ask the Maus) moderated by Esther Sedlaczek, has aired on ARD Channel 1 since 2006. It consists of three teams of prominent participants who answer children’s questions in a quiz format.
- “Open-door Day” was held for the first time on the occasion of the 40th birthday of the Maus, in 2011. Each year since then, all across Germany, the doors of factories, research laboratories, stadiums, trades companies, farms, theaters, town halls, and many other companies, offices, and organizations have been opened to Maus fans.
- “Ohren auf: Hier kommt die Maus” (Listen up, here comes the Maus) debuted in late 2019. Its audio offerings encompass a new digital radio channel as well as new daily podcasts.
The Maus has received numerous awards and distinctions in the last 50 years, including, for example:
- Goldener Blogger 2021
- Robert-Geisendörfer-Preis 2019
- Goldener Spatz 2016
- The regular appearance of Maus ads on some 300 large-format digital screens in underground stations nationwide generates millions of additional contacts per week
- On YouTube, the Maus has subscriber numbers in the five-digit range; its videos generate millions of clicks
- The subscriber figures on Facebook and Instagram are similar to those on YouTube
Segments from the program can currently be viewed on iTunes, maxdome, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and ARD Plus
- “Die Maus” has also been successfully marketed in Japan for over 15 years
- The focus is on cooperation with educational and other institutions that convey knowledge of German language and culture
“Die Maus” offers attractive marketing opportunities in many different product sectors
Do you have questions? Are you interested in a partnership with us?
Don’t hesitate to contact us.
FOR GENERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT „The Maus“
Head of BrandsPhone: +49 221 2035-2504 firstname.lastname@example.org
FURTHER CONTACT PARTNERS
Senior Sales ManagerPhone: +49 221 2035-2516 email@example.com
Toys & Games, Apparel, Accessoires, Promotions, Stationery
Senior Sales ManagerPhone: +49 221 2035-2565 firstname.lastname@example.org
Food, Personal Care, Direct to Retail, Theatre & Stage, Home & Living
Senior Sales ManagerPhone: +49 221 2035-2512 email@example.com
Publishing Children, Electronic Games