Passionate. Enriching. Moving.
WDR informs, inspires, and excites: with news, information, and entertainment, WDR reaches 86 percent of the population of North Rhine-Westphalia every week. With 38 hours of television and 149 hours of radio content broadcast daily, it enriches the lives of the people here in many ways—whether through WDR television, the radio channels 1LIVE, WDR 2, WDR 3, WDR 4, WDR 5, and WDR COSMO, the interactive platform KiRaKa, or other multimedia and digital offerings.
In addition, WDR continually moves in new directions with smart means of production and the cross-media implementation of innovative concepts.
WDR’s diverse programming consists of award-winning television films, comedy formats, talk shows, TV and radio documentaries, and reportage on travel, culture, and current affairs. Our profile further includes regional news and public service reporting.
From the programs in this multifaceted portfolio, we offer strong brands for licensing, such as:
- Raus in den Westen
- Björn Freitag kocht …
- Doc Esser macht den Westen fit
- Der Haushalts-Check mit Yvonne Willicks
… and many more!
Take advantage of WDR’s strength and creativity for your project!
Area covered by license: Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Licensing: for all product segments
Target group: adults
Rights holder: WDR
WDR 2 is radio for every day:
As one of the largest broadcasters in Germany, WDR 2 accompanies almost 3.5 million listeners through the day with diverse, top-quality programming including highly topical information, debate on societally relevant issues, sharp-witted entertainment, and the best in pop music. WDR 2 reports reliably on all matters of importance and speaks directly with the key actors. The information that I need and the music that I like.
WDR 2 listeners don’t miss a thing!
- Current public service topics and sports have their fixed places in the program schedule.
- When it comes to entertainment, WDR 2 is witty, bold, and sometimes acerbic.
- WDR 2 accompanies listeners through the day with the best pop music—from favorite past hits to the current charts.
- Listeners can experience their station live at numerous events—such as “WDR 2 Lachen Live” (WDR 2 Laughing Live), the WDR 2 House Parties, and the WDR 2 Radio Concerts.
WDR 2 is more than just radio:
As the journalistic voice of Germany’s western region, WDR 2 constantly has its sharp eye not just on world events, but on the country, which it moves with unique campaigns and initiatives.
WDR 2 – We are the West.
WDR 4 provides North Rhine-Westphalia with daily musical accompaniment. It ensures a positive underlying vibe with current hits and classics from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. And it keeps its listeners up to date with topics of direct relevance to their everyday lives—up close and authentic, day in and day out.
WDR 4 offers a lively variety:
- German and international hits and listeners’ favorite songs—from music lovers, for music lovers. And WDR 4 brings the hitmakers to the airwaves in person, from Abba to Udo Lindenberg and Nena to Phil Collins. Presented by top hosts like Cathrin Brackmann, Martina Emmerich, Stefan Verhasselt, and Götz Alsmann.
- Diverse service and news offerings—with a focus on special topics and surprising questions from everyday life, delivered reliably and understandably. The programs “Der Tag um zwölf” (The Day at 12) and “Der Tag um sechs” (The Day at 6) provide a summary of current information from politics, business, culture, and world events.
- The variety-filled programming includes regional weather reports, sophisticated entertainment, and exciting stories from NRW, along with regular radio concerts by the WDR Funkhaus Orchestra.
WDR 4. Get the good feeling!
At home in the West
WDR television is the channel for the most diverse broadcasting area in Germany—and brings a sense of community and a multiplicity of perspectives to Germany’s West. With passion, courage, and optimism, WDR television offers valuable orientation, makes everyday life easier, and provides enriching impulses.
WDR television supplies its viewers with news, information, and entertainment that is strong on content. It delivers outstanding investigative programming and in-depth information, inspiring entertainment, and high-value fiction. Its multimedia offerings combine high quality and strong viewer appeal.
WDR TV is characterized by strong formats and brands, for example:
Science—simple and compact
Consumer tips for every day
- “Der Vorkoster – mit Björn Freitag”
Informative features offering compelling insights into the food industry
- “Doc Esser – der Gesundheits-Check”
The health magazine program for all
90-minute travel program that visits the world’s most beautiful regions
- “Land & lecker”
Women and men from the countryside square off in the kitchen
- “Der Haushalts-Check mit Yvonne Willicks”
Advice show: Yvonne Willicks tests household products
- “Lecker an Bord”
Culinary houseboat cruise with Björn Freitag and Frank Buchholz
The WDR channels offer attractive marketing opportunities in many different product segments
Do you have questions? Are you interested in a partnership with us?
Don’t hesitate to contact us.