Edmond und Lucy
Sustainable, diverse, and humorous
Edmond the squirrel and Lucy the bear cub are the leaders of a gang of all kinds of different baby animals. In the course of the four seasons of the year, the group of friends steadily learn about and discover the secrets of the forest they live in—it’s like one, big adventure playground!
In this series, the protagonists don’t yet know all there is to know about nature and learn a little more about their unique habitat every day. The friends’ realization and amazement that every animal no matter how small, every tree, and every plant is useful and important delights viewers both big and small. We learn that we are all part of an ecosystem which is worthy of protection.
Take stubborn Lucy, for example, who initially refuses to play the silent flower in a performance at the Honey Festival, as the role doesn’t allow her to truly demonstrate her acting skills. But when she realizes how clever flowers are in the ways they attract bees, she is very excited about playing the part.
Along the way, the protagonists learn a lot about themselves, too. The different personalities each see the world in their own way and this boosts not only mutual understanding, but also the fun factor! Even the group’s most unusual member, the “Thing,” which doesn’t even speak their language, is perfectly integrated within the community.
Sustainability in front of and behind the scenes
MIAM ! made a commitment to sustainability not only regarding the content, but also in terms of the series production. “Edmond and Lucy” is the first industrial series format to be produced in real-time CGI. Among other things, this innovative production method significantly reduces environmental pollution.
Area covered by license: Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Licensing: for the product segments of toys and games (not incl. paper products), home and living, apparel, food, accessories, personal care, and promotions
Rights holder: MIAM ! Distribution
Children ages 3 to 5
- Positive and playful communication of the topic of sustainability
- Unmistakable look that’s shaped by Marc Boutavant’s distinct style (“Around the World with Mouk”)
- The TV series is based on the best-selling series of books written by Astrid Desbordes and illustrated by Marc Boutavant (“Around the World with Mouk,” “Dumpster Dog,” “Ariol,” etc.)
- The books have been translated into 15 languages and published in over 20 countries
- The first season of the TV series has 52 episodes of 12 minutes each
- KiKA showed the first 26 episodes daily at 6:40 p.m. starting Nov. 17, 2022; episodes 27-52 had been showed in prime time at 6:35 p.m. on KiKA from June 10 to July 5, 2023
Do you have questions? Are you interested in a partnership with us?
Don’t hesitate to contact us.