The School of magic animals
With your animal through thick and thin
The Winterstein School holds a magical secret: in the class of the eccentric new teacher Miss Cornfield, each child is assigned a personal animal that not only helps them meet their daily challenges, but also becomes their best friend on earth! The speaking animal is a special companion, unreservedly supporting its human friend whatever the situation. For readers, this makes for a unique blend of reality and fiction. The highly successful book series invites growing children to project themselves and their experience into the stories: as members of this enchantingly conspiratorial school class, the protagonists find their very own place in the world. They share an exciting everyday life full of magic moments.
Area covered by license: Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Licensing: for all product segments except publishing and theme parks
Target group: children ages 8 and up
Rights holder: Carlsen Verlag
- Speaking animals in the world of the real
- An inseparable companionship between each child and their animal
- The animal is the child’s personal coach, supporting them in overcoming their problems
- So far 13 volumes of the main series have been published
- 2 more volumes are planned
- 18 volumes from the different series are among the top 100 best books of 2021
- The translation rights have been granted in more than 24 countries, including the books in Japan, Spain, Hungary and Turkey. The books regularly reach the top spots on bestseller lists
- In addition, 4 volumes of the new book series “The School of Magical Animals Investigated” will be published by 2021. This series is geared towards beginning readers. In each volume, Murphy the polar bear solves a crime with the children
- So far there are 7 volumes of the spin-off series “The School of Magical Animals – Finally Holidays”, the book for the cinema film has sold 35,000 copies and another is to follow for the second cinema film
- Other books such as a friend book, a joke book with 333 magical animal jokes, a top secret diary and a large riddle book with 100 riddles are also in the program
- The first feature film “The School of Magical Animals” premiered in October 2021
- The Magical Animals are back on the big screen! In Part 2, Miss Cornfield’s class plans a play. But there is a lot of excitement behind the scenes: Anna Lena and Helene both want to play the leading role, Ida is in love with Jo and strange holes appear in the schoolyard. High time for the next magical animals! A highlight for all fans!
- The second film is expected to be released in Germany from autumn 2022
The successful licensed brand has already been implemented on a number of products
Do you have questions? Are you interested in a partnership with us?
Don’t hesitate to contact us.